Proverbally Yours // Message & Interpretation

For this brief we had to create a series of 3 posters, which visually represent a 'proverb'. My proverb is 'Out out Sight, Out of Mind.' I executed some research in to other advertising campaigns that promote the proverb 'Out of Sight, Out of Mind.' Here are some images I have collected;



^^ I really like the characterised style to this, and the strong contrast between black and white. The main focus of the piece is really clear and the proverb 'Out of sight, Out of mind', had been conspicuously portrayed.


This image above is my most inspirational out of all the images. I think it is really creative, and show's a good understanding of the proverb, illustrating the meaning of it well. Although, I would have liked to create my own piece inspired by this, I decided to use Adobe Illustrator to create vector art as a more digital approach.


Although a very different style to my final outcome, I used the image above as inspiration. I took a play on how women often feel used and un-appreciated by men. I have focused my own final outcome at women and given a very feminine feel to the piece to convey this message.


One of my initial ideas was very similar to the two different variations above, looking at how people often have OCD for cleaning etc, yet they hide it behind very bad habits like cluttering up one room, to keep the rest tidy. This idea was inspired by the character 'Monica' from the popular American sit-com 'Friends'. 

Thursday 20 October 2011 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply