Context of Practice (02.03.12)

On Friday we had a context of practice session with Jo. Now we have entered the second stage of this module, we have been given a 'practical' brief. 


We must look over previous work and research and produce of publication that reflects the aspects we have enjoyed most. 


In Friday's session we undertook a process of elimination to find one that would be suited to us. I found this much more useful than I initially thought I would, and learnt about the 'pyramid' technique. 


This is were we produced things individually, then in pairs and finally getting into groups of 4 to discuss our idea's, before voting for a final idea for everyone. We did not have to use this for our final idea, and I will undertake more research to decide whether this is actually what I would like to do. 


However, I felt really inspired by my idea, and will hopefully produce something along these lines. My idea is to create a bible based on typography taking inspiration from 'Typographic verses', this bible will either reflect the rules of 'BA Graphic Design at LCA' or 'Graphic Design Rules' in general, linking to the history of graphic design. 


Here are some images from the session:


Sunday 4 March 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply